Getting Help Buying Your First Home
Buying your first home may be one of the most significant, exciting, rewarding, and stressful financial decisions you will ever make. There are many first time homebuyers who have gone before you and many who will follow. We recommend that you learn from your predecessorsâ€™ past decisions, including their mistakes, so you are better prepared to make your first home purchase.
A good way to prepare for home ownership is to attend a home buyer education class. Homebuyer education class attendees over the years have given the classes high ranks and recommend that every first-time homebuyer consider taking the class. These classes result in a certificate good for two years.
Upcoming Homebuyer Education Classes for 2017:
- April 5, 12, 26 & May 3 â€“ 5:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m., Five Town CSD Adult & Community Education, 25 Keelson Drive Rockport, Camden Hills High School (to register contact 236-7800 ext. 274 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- April 17, 18, 19, 20: 5:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m., Penquis, 262 Harlow St., Bangor
- April 22 & 29: 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., Penquis, 315 Main St. (Suite 205), Rockland
- May 8, 9, 10, 11: 5:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m., 50 Mayo Street, Dover Foxcroft (to register contact Hilda Roberts at 564-6525 or email@example.com to register)
- May 13: 8:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m., Penquis, 315 Main St. (Suite 205), Rockland
- May 13: 8:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m., Penquis, 262 Harlow St., Bangor
- June 3 & 10 â€“ 8:00 a.m. â€“ 3:00 p.m., â€“ Hutchinson Center, 80 Belmont Avenue, Belfast
Click Here to go to the Registration page